Of course the month of May is associated with Mothers' Day. Even though there are family birthdays in May, including my husband Craig's, I decided that a photo of my mum and I would go well with the colours of the may pages.
Here is what I did to create this page
- Mounted the photo onto the back of the March( because the colours matched) cut apart page from the Graphic 45 Place In Time 8x8 pad and distressed the edges.
- I adhered a doily to the base page.I used two pieces of card from the Core'dinations 6x6 Vintage Collection pad and embossed them using a dots and text embossing folder. I sanded he dots one for a more distressed and prominent look. I inked the text embossing to make it stand out more . These were adhered onto the base page and the mounted photo went on top.
- I punched some flowers from the Core'dinations card and front he papers in mauve/cream colours and layered the mauve card ones to make roses. I added a small rose to the centre of the patterned paper ones and added these , along with postage stamps from the May cut apart page , some punched leaves.
- I added some Want To Scrap Pearls - Lavender around the flower cluster and on the flourishes in the top left and bottom right hand corners.
- Using a word from the Alphabet sticker sheet and letters =I formed the title and placed it under the photo.
OTHER ITEMS USED - FROM MY STASH
fern leaf punch
Hope this has inspired you to create a Year in review album , if you haven't already got one started.
I am off to post the June page now .. then I will be up to date !!
I will post a little tutorial on how to make the punched roses on this page in the near future as they are super easy to make :)
Stay tuned .....