Thursday, June 14, 2012

HOLIDAY JOURNAL


Here is my final project using the fantastic May DT Kit.  I have chosen to create a Holiday or Travel Journal using my Zutter machine.... had forgotten how easy this makes book making and how professional the results look !! It really only takes minutes to punch the holes and close up the binding and there you have your album .. done!


I used the Zutter covers in my kit and cut Cardstock to measure 5 13/16 for the pages.  Pages were spruced up with papers from the Reminisce Expedition Destination range and also the Heidi Swapp No Limits  range.  They were perfect in colour and design for a Travel theme!!  Also added to the pages were
Heidi Swapp Trimmings - Sunshine
Heidi Swapp No Limits - Pennant
 Basic Grey Picadily Metal Flowers pack
Heidi Swapp Memory Files - Vintage Instaframes
Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1
Goosebumps Texture Spray  
Pumpkin Spice Glimmer mist

All of these are available in the Wild About Scrap Online store



I added holiday and travel embellishments, stickers and journal spots from my stash to compliment the wonderful patterned papers.  I inked all the edges of the pages with brown ink . 


 Loved using the glimmermist in this yummo colour - Pumpkin Spice.  I sprayed , dropped and applied it to a mask.  Here is a close up of sprays and splatters.
The Goosebumps spray also got a fair use and it does show up much better in the close ups below than the regular shots .
In the first photo it was dropped over the glimmermisted paper/card.  In the second photo i sprayed it on then applied ink , once it had dried.
I had really fallen in love with the Basic Grey metal flowers by the time I had finished this book !!!

I am going to give the journal away as a gift, or use it on my next trip.  I usually buy a commercially produced journal or notebook to record my holiday memories in , but thought it would make a nice change to put them into a creation such as this one !

Hope that you have been inspired to check out some of the products I used here or to create a Holiday Journal of your own.

Happy Creating

Sharon xxxx


1 comment:

  1. Your holiday journal is just great, lots of lovely embellishments & art work fantasic inspiration.x

    ReplyDelete