Sunday, December 30, 2012

Angel Tag


Playing with all the goodies Veronica sends in the kits is easy, updating the blog is the hard part! Completed projects sit until I find time to take photos, then the write up... ah well thats another hard bit!

In my last DT kit from Wild About Scrap I was very fortunate to recieve TH Sizzix alterations die Layered Angel Wings amoungst my goodies. I am so in love with this die I had to make a quick tag.


Taking an 8in manila shipping tag I used the technique used by so many :) the one where you add the distress ink to your work mat then spritz some water to dilute then wipe your tag through allowing the colours to blend, I used broken china and tumbled glass. Using vintage photo distress ink and a blender I added a little colour to the edges, lastly using a TH christmas music sheet stamp I stamped the image with peeled feathers distress ink. Using my bigshot I cut out the Layered Angel Wings from white card and calico and using my distress inks coloured them and added a touch of glimmer with tattered angels dazzling diamonds glimmermist (bit hard to see in the photo), using pop dots when assembling them for some added difinition. I finished off the tag with some vintage lace, bakers twine and a small resin rosebud at the bottom and at the top of the tag I tied some seam binding and gold tinsel ribbon and glued on a small chipboard snowflake which I had gesso'd and then used diamond stickles to and lots of sparkle. The image used was downloaded and printed from the internet then cut out with scissors.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very safe and Happy New Year and hope 2013 brings you much joy to your heart and warmth into your home and happiness in everything you do. xx

Sue
xx

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I love the blue and the dimension on the wings. cheers Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is called a cool scarp design with a good color choice. I really liked the way you have added the wings. Hope to see several more such scrap layouts in the coming future, keep it up!
    scrapbooking supplies

    ReplyDelete