Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Year in Time - February

Hi everyone and welcome to my February page in our A Year in Time album series.

February 2012 was a very busy month for me.  Winter in Sicily was very wet and cold (for me) so I decided to go on vacation.  So following the cheap flights I went first to Prague then Lyon (France) where I visited the most adorable village Perouge, flipping a coin I then went north to Paris before coming back to Sicily where I was fortunate enough to arrive in time for the end of Carnivale.

Prague is the most beautiful city and while I was there it was -20 degrees 2 mornings and about -10 to -12 the other days. Snow everywhere and the river was partly iced over. The ice and snow made walking around a bit more difficult, but for me it was pure magic for my first real snow experience!  The central photo is taken from the famous Clock Tower at sunset.  I love how the sunset picked out the beautiful colours in the stone walls of the church opposite. 

Materials used:
  • Graphic 45 A Place in Time 8x8 paper pad - February papers;
  • Graphic 45 Easel Album 8x8;
  • Prima Flowers
  • Denim Ribbon
  • Buttons
  • Want 2 Scrap - Donna Salazar Build-A-Bling
  • Kraft Cardstock;
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks;
  • Tim Holtz Adage Ticket;
  • Tim Holtz Paper String
  • Graphic 45 Key
The cardstock backing the main photo has been distressed using Tim Holtz Distress Stains & Ink.
 
 
See the little envelope tucked behind the left side of the central photo? This can be removed and contains a quick journal card where I've written one word to describe each of the 4 cities. Journalling is at a premium on these smaller journal pages and I would never be able to do justice to this trip.

The envelope was made by using G45 French Country Tags & Pocket as a
template. The flap just tucks behind the button to secure.

 
Most items used are available instore at Wild About Scrap. I hope you enjoy my page!

Veronica
 


No comments:

Post a Comment