Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Year In Time - May 2012

 
Of course the month of May is associated with Mothers' Day.  Even though there are family birthdays in May, including my husband Craig's, I decided that a photo of my mum and I would go well with the colours of the may pages.
Here is what I did to create this page
  1. Mounted the photo onto the back of the March( because the colours matched) cut apart page from the Graphic 45  Place In Time 8x8 pad  and distressed the edges.  
  2. I adhered a doily to the base page.I used two pieces of card from the Core'dinations 6x6 Vintage Collection pad   and embossed them using a dots and text embossing folder.  I sanded he dots one for a more distressed and prominent look. I inked the text embossing to make it stand out more . These were adhered onto the base page and the mounted photo went on top.
  3. I punched some flowers from the Core'dinations card and front he papers in mauve/cream colours and layered the mauve card ones to make roses. I added a small rose to the centre of the patterned paper ones and added these , along with postage stamps from the May cut apart page , some punched leaves.

  4. I added some Want To Scrap Pearls - Lavender  around the flower cluster and on the flourishes in the top left and bottom right hand corners.
  5. I chose a matching label sticker from the Graphic Place In Time Stickers sheet and added it to the top right hand corner along with the year using the numbers from the Graphic Place In Time Alphabet Stickers sheet
  6. Using a word from the Alphabet sticker sheet and letters =I formed the title and placed it under the photo.
OTHER ITEMS USED - FROM MY STASH

 
doily
brown ink
flower punch
embossing folders
fern leaf punch
small roses
  
Hope this has inspired you to create a Year in review album , if you haven't already got one started.
I am off to post the June page now .. then I will be up to date !! 
I will post a little tutorial on how to make the punched roses on this page in the near future as they are super easy to make :)
Stay tuned .....
Sharon xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment