Thursday, January 23, 2014

Dusty Attic Reindeer - Card and Tags


Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer...

Well, actually I didn't make any of my Reindeer to be Rudolph....  Still continuing to use my leftover papers and products from my Advent Calendar - I have created a Card and two Tags to show you...


This is the larger sized Dusty Attic Reindeer (it comes in a pack/strip of 5 and is Reindeer #2) and I have used 3 different products to colour him with.




For the Reindeer on this #8 sized tag - I used a sponge and painted him with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint - Sable Brown (remember the "liquid Chocolate"!!).  Applying the paint with the sponge has given the Reindeer a textured look and feel.  I applied Tea Dye Distress Stickles to his antlers. The Paper is from Echo Park's Tis the Season 6x6 Paper Pad and the red mounting for the paper is Red Cardstock from my own stash. I Black Heat Embossed the Christmas Wording.  A Black rhinestone for his eye and red rhinestones for the corners and his collar.  Some Gold and Red Ribbon to finish the tag off.


This is also a #8 Tag - this is a fantastic sized tag for larger products like the Reindeer.  The Paper is from the same Tis the Season Paper Pad - the Red Strip is actually the reverse side of the green paper.  Gold Ribbon from my own stash.  The Christmas Carols Stamp is Tim Holtz's Stampers Anonymous - Reindeer Games stamped in a light brown ink.  The Reindeer is spritzed with Tattered Leather Glimmer Mist. I have used a Rhinestone for his eye and a strip of three red Rhinestones  for decoration with a gold bow.


Onto the card - White card base, Dark Chocolate cardstock for mounting the Red Paper from the same Paper pad and then another layer of  Dark Chocolate cardstock.  This Reindeer is painted with Tarnished Brass Distress Paint so he has a kind of patchy look and I applied Tea Dye Distress Stickles to his antlers.
I made a banner using Red Cardstock for the Gold Heat Embossed Christmas wording. Once again, a Black Rhinestone for his eye and gold coloured rhinestones for the corners.

Products I have used that are available from Wild About Scrap:

-   Echo Park 6x6 Paper Pad - Tis' the Season
-   Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint - Sable Brown
   
Products  I used from my own Stash

-   #8 Manilla Tag
-    Tarnished Brass Distress Paint
-   Glimmer Mist Tattered Leather
-   Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Reindeer Games
-   Dusty Attic Reindeer #2
-   Tea Dye Distress Stickles
-   Red, Black, Gold  Rhinestones
-   Red, Dark Chocolate, White Cardstock
-   Gold, Red Ribbon
-   Black, Gold Embossing Powder
-   Christmas Wording stamps - various
-   Sponge to paint with
-   Light Brown Ink Pad

All of which are also available at Wild About Scrap (similar colours/brands).

Back Soon to show you some more tags and a card.
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment