Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Christmas in ..... APRIL ?


Hi there.  It has been a little while between drinks here for me.  Sometimes life just gets in the way of what you love to do ... namely scrapping and creating!  But here I am and I have managed to use up more items in the kit from way back in December .  My layout is a photo of my mum from the family Christmas Day celebration lunch at my sister's.  


First, using Kraft cardstock, I applied some Texture paste over a stencil which has a diamond pattern
 
 
When the paste had dried completely I sprayed the diamonds and other areas of the cardstock with Glimmer mist spray.

Once this dried , I mounted my photo onto the following patterned papers:
  • Websters Pages- A Christmas Story- Main Street Paper
  • Websters Pages- A Christmas Story- Delivering Presents 
I also distressed the edges with a distressing tool and inked up all the edges of the last mount.

At the bottom of the photo I added some banner pieces from Graphic 45 Twelve Days of Christmas Collection Banners , after inking their edges - of course!
 
A gorgeous piece of trim from the Websters Pages - A Christmas Story - Designer Trim pack , was also added.

Using the flowers from the Kaisercraft Paper Blooms packs - Honey and Fire Red, I created the floral border down the right hand side of the photo.  The leaves were made using green cardstock and a fern punch.
These paper blooms were the perfect embellishment for a Festive layout!
 
I placed some black rhinestone flourishes among the floral border to add dimension.
 

Last of all I created a title using Glitter Letters and small sticker letters
 
 
Some black ink pen to add the date and the layout is done
 
It has taken me a while but it certainly is good to get back into the creative mood.  Now to get a few more months done for my Year In Time Album !

Nice to be back

SHARON xxxxxx












No comments:

Post a Comment