Thursday, May 22, 2014

Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies....



Hello,

How beautiful is that quote - "Snowflakes are Winter's Butterflies"!  My family and I recently had a holiday in the snow - skiing, falling over (hehe - that was mostly me..), getting up again, snow eating (my daughter), snowball fights (mostly my husband)- love it!

I have printed out quite a few photos to add to my scrapbook album and this is one of the pages I have created ...



Inspiration:  My inspiration for this page actually came from the Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Endless Spring Paper which I have used for the background paper for this page - it is covered in tiny blue butterflies - which made me think of the stamp about snowflakes being butterflies...

My first step for this page was to layer the photos (which I had printed with a white border) onto a light teal paper, I then trimmed and layered the Endless Spring paper onto a white 12x12 paper.  I tore a section of both of these papers and tucked a small strip of the Endless spring under the torn section and layered these onto a 12x12 teal coloured paper.

I die cut all of my embellishments using white cardstock - I wanted to keep with the winter - snow theme so they would contrast against the Endless Spring Butterfly paper.  




I added a butterfly, a snowflake embellished with a glitter brad, some ribbon and rhinestones to the torn section at the top of my page.

I then chose the layout of my photos and the rest of the die cut embellishments - usually when I add embellishments, I try to 'bunch' them together - but in this case I wanted to be able to see each of the embellishments on their own so I added them close together without actually touching, using strategically placed mounting tape to create the illusion that they are together (but not touching). 



The next thing I wanted to show you is a secret - well not really a secret...  but when I create scrapbook pages and I wish to add a personal note or some personal journalling - I always add a tag - did you notice it tucked away in there? Can you see it? I do this on the majority of my pages - I love the feeling of when you are looking through your albums at a later date and you 'find' the tag again - it adds a touch of mystery - 'what did I write on there again???

Another touch of personality that I add to every page I create is a heart brad - why? I don't know I just do, I also write the word LOVE and I add a date - now this date is the date that the photos were taken.  I write the date of when I created the page on the back of the page - for future reference if I should ever need it.


Did you find the heart brad and the word Love?

I stamped and white embossed the wording, added ribbon and brads and rhinestones to my page.  My last touch to finish the page off was to add Rock Candy Distress stickles to all of my white embellishments - I used a small paintbrush for this step.

Products used to create this page were:
  • Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Endless Spring 12x12 Paper
  • Co-ordinating 12x12 paper in Teal and White
  • Tim Holtz Alterations Bigz Die - Garden Greens
  • Rock Candy Distress Stickles
  • Cheery Lyn Die - Small Exotic Butterflies
  • Whiff of Joy Die - Snowflake Trio
  • CC Designs - Holiday Greetings Stamp
  • White Embossing Powder
  • Ribbon, assorted brads and rhinestones
Sitting in the summer heat of tropical North Queensland makes me wish I was still in the snow!

Back again soon with some more holiday pages to share with you,
Shell
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment