Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Castle Dreams



Once upon a dream....

Hello, one of my dreams has always been to take my children to Disneyland...  This year we were so excited to be able to do so!!   See, Dreams do come true!!



Inspiration:  The colours of the castle in the photographs were my inspiration on these layouts.  The soft blues and the vintage/antique colour.  The blue in the butterflies of the Graphic 45 paper matched perfectly.



Gather your supplies - Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Endless Spring, Dusty Attic Chipboard wording - dreams, a Kaisercraft Fairy Castle, laces...


Trim your Graphic 45 paper and adhere to your base paper, adding your lace.  Tip:  Some laces and ribbons have a lot of fine detail and your double sided tape would show through - so the best way to adhere the lace is to use brads (or you could always add glitter to the tape that is showing through - if it suited your layout/card of course!!).


Next, I painted my Dusty Attic chipboard and Kaisercraft wooden embellishments.  I used acrylic paint for both, then applied black kindyglitz to 'dreams'.  I paper pieced the castle turret roofs (rooves), added rhinestones and Glossy accents.  To give the castle the same aged look as the real one in the photo I applied (with my Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool) Distress Ink - Tea Dye.



While they were drying, I created my 'secret' pocket - this is a back view of how I create mine - I use double sided mounting tape around where my tag would sit and just double sided tape along the bottom of the photo.  This way (using mounting tape) - if I decide to add a photo or something else to my tag or tucked into my pocket there is plenty of room.


Can you see where my tag is placed on the page?

I die-cut the wording 'do come true' using Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzlit - Typeset to which I also applied Glossy Accents.

Have you been fortunate enough for any of your dreams to come true lately?

Products used to create this layout: 
  • Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Endless Spring
  • Co-ordinating 12x12 plain blue paper
  • Dusty Attic Mini Dreams chipboard
  • Kaisercraft Wooden Flourish - Fairy Castle
  • Tim Holtz Alterations - Sizzlit Die - Typeset
  • Distress Ink - Tea Dye
  • Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
  • Glossy Accents
  • Lace, rhinestones, brads
  • Black, white acrylic paint
  • Black Kindyglitz

Keep dreaming,
Shell
xox




No comments:

Post a Comment