Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Coutdown to Halloween..


Hi Everyone!  Karen here with you again today, for me the middle of September is a marker for a lot of upcoming things, birthdays, Halloween and of course Christmas.

Even though we are not big on the whole Halloween thing here in Australia, I absolutely love Halloween, and am happy for any excuse to get a little bit spooky!

So with that I mind I have a Halloween tag to share with you today, using of course you guessed it, some of my favourite spooky Tim Holtz bits and bobs!

 
I started with a base tag made from pieces from the Halloween kraft resist paper stash as well as the Seasonal collage  8x8 paper stash. I added in a bit of machine stitching as well as a little black soot distress ink.

 
Next came the embellishing .. I  love the Corked Vials, so I've decided to use two here. I first coated it with a thin layer of multi medium and allowed it to dry, so that the crackle paint has something to grab onto. Once it was dry I added my layer of rock Candy distress crackle paint.. I love the vintage cracked effect you get! 
 
 
I love the old photos that are in the Laboratorie paper stash.. perfect for something a little spooky!!
 
 
A label pull and chitchat sticker   teamed with a  clipboard clip at the top add a perfect little touch.
 
Products Used:
I hope I've inspired you to get a little spooky, don't forget we'd love to see what you create, please share your creations with us on our facebook page!
 
Happy Creating
Karen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment