Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey - Recipe Box



Hello,

I like to think outside the box - hehe - inside joke because today I have created a 'box' for you.  A Recipe Box - featuring the gorgeous papers and embellishments from Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey range.



Can you see this sitting on the counter in your kitchen??

When the photo was taken for the products I was planning to use, I included a couple of papers that I did not end up using - I decided to leave out the mostly red coloured papers. Also included in the photo are system cards - which I will use to write recipes on, Basic Grey Herbs and Honey embellishments and thick card used to create the box.



First step was to measure the system cards and to create a box slightly larger than the cards - allowing for section tabs at the top of the cards.  I created the box from some thick card (from the back of a 12x12 paper pack - recycle, recycle).


Assemble box and cover using co-ordinating paper from my stash.


Next, I created the dividers for my recipe sections - I used lightweight cardstock and adhered papers from Basic Grey Herbs and Honey - Radish, Tomato and Green Beans. I created the tabs at the top of the dividers using an Envelope Punch Board. 


I designed the tabs for the sections to offset each other to make it easier to see each section.


Next, stamp the titles on each tab - I used Favourites, Mains, Starters, Cakes, Desserts and Drinks.
I covered the front and the back of the box using Basic Grey Herbs and Honey - Carrot.



Create the lid using the same thick card, cover using more of "Carrot" paper and selected embellishments from the Element Stickers, Die-cuts and Transparencies, Title Stickers and some of the cut-outs from the "Artichoke" paper.


Add some rhinestones, ribbon and brads to complete your lid.


The lettering for "Recipe Box" is die cut using Tim Holtz Alterations Die - Vintage Market - black card and glossy accents.


The last feature I added to my Recipe Box was some large pearls for the 'feet'.

Products used to create the recipe box:
  • Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey - Radish, Tomato, Green Beans, Carrot, Artichoke 12x12 papers
  • Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey - Title Stickers
  • Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey - Die-cuts and Transparencies
  • Basic Grey - Herbs and Honey - Element Stickers
  • Heavy Card to create box and lid
  • Lightweight cardstock for dividers
  • 12x12 paper from my stash to cover box and lid
  • Alpha stamps and black ink
  • Stampin' Up Envelope Punch Board
  • Glossy Accents
  • Tim Holtz Alterations - Vintage Market Lettering Die
  • Ribbon, rhinestones, pearls and brads
Now, all I need to do is to add recipes!
 
See you again soon,
Shell
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment