Sunday, May 20, 2012

CRUISE LAYOUT



Here is my first creation for the wonderful MAY Kit I received last week form Veronica.  Very much a travel related kit so looking forward to creating more using photos of my travels .
This LO features many great products

Using white CS as a base , I misted a mask with Pumpkin Spice Glimmer mist  on half the CS.Next I added a piece of distressed, inked  and machine sewed  Reminisce Expeditions - Visa Patterned Paper .  I also sprayed some Goosebumps Texture Spray  on to the CS and pp.
 
Next I cut out one of the round compasses from the Heidi Swapp No Limits - Forever Patt
erned Paper and a rectangular piece . The round piece was adhered on top of the masked CS in the bottom LH corner and the rectangular piece was machined sewn and then adhered on top. I cut two pieces of the Heidi Swapp Trimmings - Sunshine scallop trim and added it in the top RH corner, like a banner and in the lower RH corner.  I added some heart stickers and 'like' word rub ons from the Heidi Swapp Memory Files - Vintage Insta Frames pack to the rim.  I cut and adhered a small piece of the Heidi Swapp No Limits - Smarty- Patterned Paper   and then mounted my photo onto this. I added an instaframe from  Heidi Swapp Memory Files - Vintage Insta Frames with a piece of journalling paper underneath it  then embellished it with rub on words and heart stickers from the  same pack. A few more labels and stickers from the amazingly versatile Heidi Swapp Memory Files - Vintage Insta Frames were added to the Layout. I made up two flags from the Heidi Swapp No Limits - Pennants and added them above the journalling frame. I intertwined some black cord around the flags and frame  and adhered a metal quote.  Metal key and lock embellishments were added to the top RH corner of the photo and a title added . I then machine sewed twice around the border of the LO.  I am usually such a  flowery shabby chic girl that it was a nice change to work with different colours and a different style.
 
Hope this has inspired you to grab some travel photos and get scrapping !!!
 
Sharon xxxx


2 comments:

  1. Fantasic layout. Just great. ove all the embelishments you have used.I can relate to your happy smile. I to have been on a "short" cruise & loved it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are great arent they Elaine ??? Cant wait to go on another cruise.. just gotta convince Craig he wont get bored!! Loved using the Heidi Swapp flags and trim !!!
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete