Thursday, May 17, 2012

Summer



I have been playing around with Mixed Media and thought I would share a recent layout with you all!


Creating my background first, I used white bazzill and spritzed with Smooch Spritz Spray and Perfect Pearls Mists. Covered the entire paper with Mod Podge and then crinkling up some recycled tissue paper place on paper trying to get as many deliberate creases and folds as possible. I then chose three sections and using white gesso covered enough so that I could stamp using acrylic paint with bubble wrap – gives a cool effect! I also used a Prima mask with Glimmer Mist and  TH distress ink. I then used my sewing machine and stitched with both zig-zag and straight stitch for a little interest.
Then the fun part, I gathered anything and everything that went with the photo - Prima flowers, lace, beaded trim, pearl swirls, twine, MS punched butterfly and embellish. Can be as messy and grungy as you like.

My next DT kit from Wild About Scrap arrived earlier in the week and I am eager to get stuck in and have a play now that things are settling down, lots and lots of yummy things (thanks heaps V) you really know how to get the creative juices flowing :)

Thanks for stopping by, until next time Happy Creating!

Sue xx


1 comment:

  1. You have created a really great layout it was worth all the fiddling. I do like the idea of the white cardstock played around with like you have. Your subject photo is also "too cute"x

    ReplyDelete