Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Couple of Girly Layouts!


Hi everyone! I am back today sharing some more creations with you. First up, this one which was created using Bo Bunny’s Head Over Heels range. This collection has a fabulous pink / red / black / white colour palette and is perfect for creating some loved up layouts!



For my mixed media backgrounds, I always start by smearing an area with Gesso. This helps prime the paper when you are going to be using more mediums over the top. (You will find Gesso in the store HERE.) I couldn’t help but use my Prima Elementals Stars Stencil again. This time I used it with texture paste and then spritzed with Glimmer Mist.

Here is a quick overview of my process for creating this layout…

{please excuse the quality of my process photos, they were taken at night}

Besides the multitudes of gorgeous flowers I used (see the range available in store HERE), I also used the BoBunny Head Over Heels Buttons. The pack contains a mix of acrylic and chipboard buttons which coordinate perfectly with the papers in the range. (The best part of these buttons is they are self-adhesive! I loved being able to just stick them straight down!) I used them to add visual interest all around my layout.



Once all the embellishments were in place, I brushed most of them with a little Gesso to soften their look.


And whilst I am singing the praises of Gesso, it is also great for chipboard! I used it to paint my chipboard title, then added some watercolour shading directly over the top. (You can find a huge range of chipboard in store HERE)


As I was so happy with the end result of this layout (and mojo was flowing!), I decided to create another one. Luckily I had some more Head Over Heels papers and buttons left, so I used them again. (I used the same basic method and techniques as I did above.)

Here's what I created...


It's all in the details - more buttons, flowers, chipboard, and texture...


If you would like to see more close-ups of my second layout, you will find them on my blog.
I hope I have inspired you to go and your own hands dirty now! Happy scrapping!
Cheers,

Sue P

No comments:

Post a Comment