Embossing Folders - are you like me and have quite a variation of embossing folders - from spots, to hearts, to stripes, to music..... today I have a project to show you where I have used more than 8 different folders - an embossed Mini Album entitled - "I Love You, 7 days a week".
The Front Cover.
Inside the front cover - more details on the pocket full of hearts further down, keep reading!!
I love recycling or maybe repurposing cereal boxes and notebook covers, any re-usable cardboard I guess - here I have used a notebook cover which I have cut to my required size. I used my Zutter Bind it all to bind this book together. After using my Zutter, I painted the edges of the covers black.
I used Bo Bunny - Head Over Heels 12x12 sheets of Paper - Head over Heels and Boyfriend. This is a great way to make a project when you don't have a lot of paper but wish to feature a particular one. I have used a lot of cardstock with this album, but highlighted with the Bo Bunny Papers. This photo shows the two papers, and examples of the black cardstock page base, with a red layer and the mini envelopes.
These are the "7" days a week envelope pockets - showing where I have used the Bo Bunny paper as a pocket front.
Tip: as I had to hand cut the pocket fronts I first made a cardboard template and traced around this for each pocket so that my pocket fronts were all the same - I keep the cardboard template in with the die..
This is an envelope full of love - there are many hearts of varying sizes and shapes. I used dies and punches and stamps, different coloured inks, different paper types....
I Love You on Sunday..
Every Day page has a different layout and a different journaling box in each little envelope pocket. I created a tag for each pocket with the journaling box attached. For the name of the day - I gold embossed on black card, a frame onto which I adhered a strip of white card with the black embossed day name. I embossed each pocket tag with the same embossing folder that I used for the red background layer.
I Love You on Monday.
I Love You on Tuesday.
I Love You on Wednesday,
I Love You on Thursday.
I Love You on Friday.
I Love You on Saturday.
The Back Cover. Inside the back cover is another small envelope with a White Heart placed inside it - simply stamped with the word Love...
I Love You - 7 Days a Week!
The products I used to create Embossed Love were:
- Cuttlebug Allegro
- Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes
- Cuttlebug Heart Blocks
- Cuttlebug Spots and Dots
- Cuttlebug Argyle
- Cuttlebug Seeing Spots
- Tim Holtz Regal Flourishes
- Tim Holtz Damask
- Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss Textile Hearts
- Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss Celebration Set
All Other Products:
- Bo Bunny 12x12 Head Over Heels - Boyfriend
- Bo Bunny 12x12 Head Over Heels - Head Over Heels
- Zutter Bind It All and Owire
- Tim Holtz Alterations - Chip Block (for the lettering)
- Glossy Accents (for the lettering)
- Recycled Note Book Cover
- Black Paint
- Black, Red and White Cardstock
- Gold Metallic Craft Paper
- Various Ribbons for the pages, cover and owires
- Sizzix Bigz Scallop Envelope Die - Stampin Up
- Black and Gold Embossing Powder
- Stamp Sets - Words and Journal Boxes -Kaszazz Days of the Week, Kaisercraft Prairie Lane Clear, Kaisercraft Flourish Journals, Stampin Up Apothecary Art.
- Fiskars Scalloped Square Punch
- Black and Red Inkpads
- Xyron Sticker Machine
- Stampin Up Heart Stamps and Punch
- MPress Heart Nesting Dies
Hope you have been inspired to have a play with your collection of embossing Folders! Maybe to create an album for the Love of your Life... the Bo Bunny - Head Over Heels Collections has some really beautiful Papers, Buttons and Stickers - Order them from the Wild About Scrap Shop before they all lovingly disappear!
See you soon