Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fancy Pants - "Baby" Mini Albums



Babies, babies - always an exciting time!  I have two friends who are having babies this year, one of them is due any minute now - so I decided I would make them a Mini Album each using some the Fancy Pants papers in the clearance section - there are some great bargains to be had in this section be sure to have a look, but be quick as there are not many of each paper design left!!

Neither Mother has found out whether they are having a boy or girl so I created the albums to suit either - I have used Blue - but they are not too blue!  I have kept each album quite simple so it is easy for very busy Mum's to just add photos!



First I went through and found co-ordinating papers from a couple of different Fancy Pants ranges - Time For Spring, Be You and Childish Things. I also chose the striking colour of Mexican Poppy from the Bazzill Basics Grasscloth 12x12 range to be the base for the Mini Albums.  The ribbon is from the May Arts Grosgrain range - Yellow/Turquoise.


I used a corcertina style binding for both mini albums - I have created them both the same on the inside with slightly differing covers.  To create the concertina binding I scored my cardstock (which I had cut into a strip measuring 12" x 4") at 2 cm intervals to end up with 6 pages.



After folding mountains and valleys, I taped the concertina folds and the cardstock I had cut for the pages, adhered these to the folds as shown.  




Continue this until all pages are added.


I then cut my pages and lay them out as above to design the order for my pages, distressed the edges and then adhered them to my album base.  Note:  I only added tape to three sides of some of the pages to create pockets as I then made Tags to slide into these pockets.

These photos shows the tags tucked into their pockets. I used my Crop-a-dile to punch the holes in the tags which I cut from white cardstock.



I stamped a frame and a journalling spot on each tag and added ribbon - I used Distress Ink Mustard Seed and Broken China.


I then added to each right side - page a cute little owl in each top right corner and in the bottom left corner of the left side pages I stamped the word Love. 









For the cover - I added a piece of recycled card to the end of the concertina binding inside and the added a cover front made from the Mexican Poppy Bazzill Basics card.  Both front covers have a layer of turquoise coloured card, then a layer of Fancy Pants Paper and then a layer of Flocked Stars from the Fancy Pants Childish Things range - so it has the touchy feely element as well!  I used a strip of May Arts ribbon for the front and a strip for the binding.  The Baby wording was cut using Tim Holtz Vintage Market Alphabet Sizzlit Decorative Strip, and then coated with Glossy Accents.

Products I used to create these Mini "Baby" Albums were:
  • Fancy Pants 12x12 - Time for Spring - Sweet'ner
  • Fancy Pants 12x12 - Be You - Marbles
  • Fancy Pants 12x12 - Be You - Forget Me Not
  • Fancy Pants 12x12 - Childish Things - Toy Box
  • Fancy Pants 12x12 - Childish Things - Buddy
  • Fancy Pants 12x12 - Childish Things - Flocked Stars
  • Bazzill Grasscloth 12x12 - Mexican Poppy
  • May Arts Turquoise Grosgrain - Yellow and Turquoise Circles
  • Glossy Accents
  • Tim Holtz  Vintage Market Alphabet Sizzlit Decorative Strip
  • Distress Ink - Mustard Seed and Broken China
  • Assorted other Ribbons
  • White and Turquoise Cardstock, Recycled card for cover
  • Brads and  Ribbon Slides 
  • Stamps - Journal - Unity Stamp Co, Frame - Magnetic Rubber Stamp Set, Owl - Stampin Up Aviary, Love - Stampin Up Basic Phrases.

Don't forget to check out all the goodies in the Clearance Sections - papers, stamps, ribbons, stickers, dies - quick!!!

See you again soon
 
Shell
xox






No comments:

Post a Comment