Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Cards & Tags with Shell - Part 1

Hi there,

I have been creating Christmas cards and tags using some of the leftover products from making the Advent Calendar. 

In the Kaisercraft Wood Flourishes Pack  - Peace, there are 4 wooden embellishments - I used the word Peace on the Advent Calendar and here are the cards using the other 3 embellishments...

 
I had plenty of paper leftover from the Echo Park Tis the Season 6x6 paper pad - so I have used this paper for the background on all three cards.

 
The word Hope is coloured black with an inkpad and then I applied Glossy Accents to give it a shiny finish.  I mounted the Echo Park Paper onto Red Cardstock and then attached to a White card base.  Black Rhinestones attached to all 4 corners completed the card. (Note how I placed the word Hope so that the letter O is over Santa's Face hehe cute huh!)

 
I coloured the Holly Leaves with a Dark Green Marker and the Berries with a Red Marker. I then applied Ranger Stickles Patina to the Leaves and Ranger Stickles Fruit Punch to the Berries. The words are from a Stampin' Up set and I black embossed these.  With a Black Marker I drew a frame near the edges of the card to create a Border.  I then attached it to a Red Card Base and placed Red and Green Rhinestones to finish.

 
I used Distress Paint - Tarnished Brass to colour the Leaves on this Holly and Adirondack Paint Dabber - Red Pepper to colour the Berries.   I then applied Glossy Accents and Glitter to the Berries.  The word is from a Stampin' Up set and I black embossed this one also.  Added faux stitching with a black marker around the border of the card and added rhinestones in the top corner. For this card I chose a White Card Base.
 
I applied all of the Wood flourishes to the card fronts with a craft glue - very easy.
 
The products used are: 
  • Kaisercraft Wood Flourishes - Peace
  • Echo Park 6x6 Paper Pad - Tis the Season
  • Glossy Accents
  • Adirondack Paint Dabber - Red Pepper
  • Distress Paint - Tarnished Brass 
  • Red and White Cardstock for the mounting and card bases
  • Black, Red and Green Rhinestones
  • Markers - Black, Red and Green
  • Glitter
  • Black Embossing Powder
  • Embossing Ink
  • Christmas word stamps
  • Ranger Stickles 
(Note: all of these products are available from Wild About Scrap - in similar brands/colours)
 
Back soon with more cards to show you.
Shell
xox
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment