Saturday, December 21, 2013

Christmas Cards & Tags with Shell - Part 2

Hello,

I have more Christmas cards to show you using the leftover Papers from the Advent Calendar.  I have used basically four colours to create these cards - Red, White, Green and Black.... I also added a hint of Silver for sparkle!

 
These cards were all quick and easy to make.  The background Papers are from Echo Park's Tis the Season 6x6 Paper Pad.

 
I used a Red Card Base and I mounted the background paper onto white cardstock. The Wreath and Bow are cut from a Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers Die - Mini Wreath and Bow.  I used green card stock for the Wreath and the Bow is cut using the same red cardstock as the base.  For this card I used a Sizzix  Numbers Die - Wild About Scrap sells a Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers Die - Mini Reindeer and 25 Set which would probably have worked better as the Numbers on this Die are slightly smaller.  I applied Rhinestones to the corners of the card and to the Wreath to look like Berries.

 
This Card has a square Red card base, before I added the background paper to the front of the card I ran a length of narrow silver ribbon down the sides and across the top and bottom to frame my card.  Large Red rhinestones in the corners and I used the same Die as on the above card - but once again you could use the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Mini Reindeer and 25 Set.  I applied Glossy Accents to the Numbers.

 
I used a Red card base and a wide strip of white, I then chose the Black background paper from the Paper Pad.  I attached a narrow silver Ribbon across the join in the papers and I attached a length of the May Arts - Holly Leaves Green Ribbon across under the silver ribbon.  Note how I twisted the Holly Ribbon so that all of the leaves faced downwards.  Red Rhinestones and a Merry Christmas inked in black finished this card.
 
Products used:
  • Echo Park 6x6 Paper Pad - Tis The Season
  • May Arts - Holly Leaves Green Ribbon
  • Tim Holtz Alterations Movers and Shapers Die - Mini Wreath and Bow
  • Glossy Accents
  • Red, White and Green Cardstock
  • Red Rhinestones
  • Silver Ribbon
  • Sizzix Numbers Die (See above for alternative)
  • Black Ink and Christmas wording stamp
All products or alternatives are available from Wild About Scrap!
 
Thanks for looking, See you again soon
Shell
xox
   

No comments:

Post a Comment