Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Graphic 45 - The Twelve Days of Christmas

My December kit arrived and I couldn't wait to get stuck into creating with all the gorgeous Christmas items that were inside the parcel.  It took a few nights to complete, but here is my Twelve Days of Christmas Advent Calendar

I have been meaning to make up the Kaiser Advent Calendar kit for some time now and when all the Christmas stuff arrived from Veronica I finally achieved just that !!

Products used for this project from Wild About Scrap Store

Tim Holtz idea-Ology- Woodlands Ornaments
Graphic 45 Patterned Paper- The Twelve Days of Christmas Range - The Twelve Days of Christmas
Graphic 45 Patterned Paper- The Twelve Days of Christmas Range - Joyeux Noel
Graphic 45 - The Twelve Days of Christmas Range - Banners
Webster's - A Christmas Story - Nutcrackers
Kaisercraft rhinestones silver

Other products and tools used

Kaiser Wooden Advent Calender Kit
Christmas red base coat paint
Copic markers - yellow red green
adhesive pearls
gold stars
string
gold beads
red ink
black pen
Glimmer mist - Forest Green
Punches - scalloped square and scalloped circle

Here is how it all came together


1. I painted all the wooden pieces in the advent calendar kit - DON'T paint the tabs or they will swell and not fit into the slots :)

2. The advent calendar was put together with a wooden mallet. I used a piece of thin wood between the painted pieces and the mallet so as not to damage the painted wooden pieces.

3. I punched out scalloped squares using a punch - approx. the same size as the drawer fronts, from the patterned papers - Graphic 45 Patterned Paper- The Twelve Days of Christmas Range - Joyeux Noel, Webster's - A Christmas Story - Nutcrackers . Then I traced the half circle from the drawers onto the patterned paper squares and used a scalloped circle punch to punch out the half circle.


4. The squares were then glued to the drawer fronts . The drawers were glued together and then when dry were inked with a red ink pad. 


5. Next I added the little gold number stickers to the drawers( the numbers that came with the kit were too big for the intricate design of the paper) and I outlined the numbers in black pen.


6. I cut the Graphic 45 Patterned Paper- The Twelve Days of Christmas Range - The Twelve Days of Christmas to fit in the middle of the calendar frame and adhered it to the frame.



7. The pearl strips were coloured with a yellow Copic marker ( I only buy white pearls and silver rhinestones now as Copics colour them any colour I need) and adhered to the frame sides. 

8. The Tim Holtz idea-Ology- Woodlands Ornaments trees were sprayed with the Forest Green Glimmer mist and had red, green, ( Copic coloured again) and silver rhinestones added to them along with a golden star at the top. I then used glue dots to attach the trees to the calendar.




9. I made the banner at the top using string, some flags and banner bits from the Graphic 45 - The Twelve Days of Christmas Range - Banners and added some golden beads in between. 


And there you have it all done - now just needs to have some goodies added to the drawers - already have to open 12 - nice !!!


I am in love with this Graphic 45 range and intend to whip up a LO and some cards or more off the page things .

Drop into the store to order your Christmas products - especially Graphic 45 The Twelve Days of Christmas range - before I buy them all - heh heh !!!


Sharon xxxxx


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sharon, This looks fantastic - I especially love the trees - what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete