This has got to be the most fun I've had creating anything!!! Seriously, why didn't I discover mixed-media albums before??? I spent about a week and a half cutting out pictures, slapping on paint and sprayiing pretty sparkly stuff all over the place....I feel just like I've spent time back in kindergarten. :)
- Graphic 45 - Nutcracker Sweet papers
- Want 2 Scrap - Mixed Media Album
- Want 2 Scrap - Rhinestones - Silver
- Want 2 Scrap - Strip Bling
- Want 2 Scrap - Build a Bling
- Ranger - Glossy Accents
- Organza Ribbon - Pink & White
- Glimmer Mist - Blarney, Pearl, Mardi Gras, Lobster
- Glimmer Glam - Heffalump & Tinsel Town
- Glimmer Glaze - Orange Crush, Oil Slick
- Ranger - Adirondack Paint Dabbers - Lettuce, Mountain Rose, Butterscotch
- Ranger - Tim Holtz - Crackle Paint - Picket Fence
- Ranger - Tim Holtz - Distress Ink Pad - Tattered Rose
- Ranger - Tim Holtz - Distress Stains - Weathered Wood, Picket Fence & Peeled Paint
- Paint - Off White & Black
- Tim Holtz - idea-Ology - Crinkle Ribbon
- American Crafts - Mistable Thickers
- Tim Holtz - Distress Markers - Black Soot
- BoBunny - Little Miss Button & Charms
- Bazzill - Kraft cardstock
- Martha Stewart - Edge Punch
- Graphic 45 Staples - Key
- Ranger - Gesso - White
- Smooch Glitz - Firecracker
- Pink Paislee - Artisan Borders
I'm not going to do a complete step-by step for this as it would be amazingly loooooonnnngggg. I'll just make a few comments and if you have any questions please leave a comment. Please just enjoy the pictures.
The cover was painted inside and out with white Gesso, then painted with an ivory/off-white paint. On the front, the swirly bits were then painted with Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint - Picket Fence and distressed with Tattered Rose Distress Ink. The outside edges were then painted with Glimmer Glam - Heffalump. The little ballerina was cut out of the pattern paper and covered with Glossy Accents.
As you can see the ballerinas are once again covered with Glossy Accents and to make it more 3-D, they've been raised on foam sticky dots.
So, I've once again "borrowed" a friend's child (Giulia)...this time I asked first as I needed some photos. I've been dying to use the Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet papers since they were released, but not necessarily for something Christmasy....I wanted to make something about ballet or for a ballerina. Luckily I have 2 different friends with daughters into ballet. So, armed with 3 photos I set about making an entire mini-album for a young girl that I barely know! One of the photos I really loved and after scanning I managed to use it over 2 pages and I managed to pad out the other pages by finding photos on the internet of generic Ballerina items/photos....you'll see!
This was my first time scrapping on material...it was definitely different and fun...I wished I had a sewing machine or Sew Easy so I could do some stitching...wasn't feeling keen enough to do it by hand! The material has been distressed with Weathered Wood Distress Stains around the edges and then sprayed with Glimmer Mist.
This little strip along the bottom is from the new Pink Paislee Artisan Borders. Covered with the 2 Glimmer Glazes it looks fantastic. The curtain was cut out of the pattern paper and raised on foam sticky dots.
"apri le tue alie e vola" means "open your wings and fly"...I love how happy she looks in this picture while dancing. The "stamps" were cut out of the pattern paper and then coated with Glimmer Glam Tinsel Town. The corugated board was thoroughly distressed...ripped, squashed and sprayed with various mists.
What ballerina doesn't need a good range of accessories??? The board was painted in black paint and then the edges slapped with Glimmer Glam Heffalump.
A new favourite are these strip blings...so much fun!
I think this page (above) is my all-time favourite....mainly because of how good the corugated board turned out...it was a shame to cover it!
And of course to end off...more paint slapping & spritzing with Glimmer Mist.
I hope you enjoyed my "Ballerina Album"....I really loved making this one!