Thursday, June 5, 2014

Anpanman (A Japanese Superhero)



Konnichiwa,

Have you heard of Anpanman - ask your children - they probably have!  Anpanman is a Japanese Superhero from a picture book and an animated series who flies around and helps children in need. Anpanman is one of my Daughter's favourite Japanese characters, so when we saw these Anpanman toys in Tokyo - she had to pose for a photo!

Inspiration:  My inspiration for this page was the colours and the shape of Anpanman himself.  When I saw the Graphic 45 Paper from The Birdsong Collection - Longevity - I realised it was a perfect match!


Next I chose co-ordinating 12x12 plain papers, a bubble ribbon and the spellbinders dies in a circle shape (to match Anpanman's shape).


After triple layering my photo on the co-ordinating plain papers, I lay out the circles on my photo to design my layout.


I then die-cut a heap of circles - you will notice I ended up cutting black circles out also -  as something appeared to be lacking - the black added a punch!


This is a great photo depicting Anpanman's roundness and bright colours!


I added detail to some of the circles with a black marker.  I also used the bubble ribbon around two of the circles and lastly rhinestones added an extra lift to some of the circles.  Anpanman has a smiley face on his chest, so of course I had to add a smiley to my page!


Also, have you remembered to have a look for my personal touches? My heart brad, my LOVE word and my hidden tag?

I double layered the Graphic 45 Bird Song Collection - Longevity paper to give my layout a finished effect. I stamped the wording with black ink,  and then lastly added glossy accents to emphasise the wording.

Products I used to create this layout:
  • Graphic 45 - Bird Song Collection - Longevity 12x12 paper
  • Co-ordinating plain papers 12x12
  • Spellbinders Standard Circles Large Die Set
  • Kaisercraft Dated wording stamp
  • Black ink, black marker
  • Glossy Accents
  • Ribbon and rhinestones
I absolutely love the colours in these papers from Graphic 45! Stunning!
Thanks for looking, see you again soon.
 
Shell
xox



No comments:

Post a Comment