Thursday, June 12, 2014

Prima Princess & Donna Salazar Inx!


Hi everyone, Sue here today to share a layout I created using the recently released “Princess” collection from Prima Marketing. This collection is based around a beautiful soft colour palette, sweet images, and is just so deliciously gorgeous & feminine.

Here is my layout...


To create this layout I started with a sheet of Prima -Princess 'Ava' for my background. I trimmed it down to 11x11” and distressed the edges. I then swiped some gesso over the area I was planning to place my photo & embellishments and applied some texture paste using a mask. Once dry, I added colour.


To achieve this look, I started by making my own colour mist using the Donna Salazar Mix’d Media Inx - Refill – Adobe and a Ranger Inkssentials Mini Mister. I filled the mister with water, added about 8 drops of the ink and shook to combine. (I was able to use water as a base for my spray as these are pigment inks that are water soluble. How many drops you add will depend on how rich you want the colour.) I then spritzed it onto my background, along with some glimmer mist in a slightly different shade to add depth.


After the colour was dry, I mounted my background sheet on some cardstock, added extra paper layers & some gauze under my photo and then embellished my layout.


The flowers I used included Prima Princess – Fairytale Flowers and Kaisercraft Paper Blooms in Honey, Sage and Olive. (The tiny white flowers were from my own stash.)


I also used some of the Prima Mixed Media Doll Metal Embellishments and chipboard from Dusty Attic. The mini vines were painted with the Donna Salazar Inx, whilst the Love You Arrow was first primed with gesso, then sprayed using the ink spray I made earlier.


If you are a fan of gorgeous & girly then I highly recommend you check out the Prima Marketing Princess Collection, or you could try making your own colour sprays. You will find the Inkssentials Mini Misters in store HERE and a huge range of inks available HERE. (I used the Donna Salazar Mix’d MediaInx Refill, but the Ranger Distress Re-inkers would work well too.)

Until next time, happy scrapping!
Cheers,
Sue P

No comments:

Post a Comment